Our expert team is here to answer your questions about disability rights implementation and strategies
The Expert Team
Our team of experts includes representatives from a consortium of U.S.-based organizations that work in the international arena on disability rights advancement. Each organization offers unique expertise on a range of topics:
- Mobility International USA offers expertise in inclusive international development, leadership training for disability activists, and empowerment of women with disabilities
- Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund offers expertise in disability civil rights law and policy, eliminating disability-based discrimination, policy monitoring, legal advocacy, legislative development, and litigation
- International Foundation for Electoral Systems offers expertise in political participation by disabled citizens, inclusive election management, legislative analysis, democracy building, and voter rights
- U.S. International Council on Disabilities offers expertise in grassroots education of the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (CRPD), lobbying on national disability issues, and coalition building
This unique team also offers an expansive network of vital organizations around the world that are working to advance disability access, inclusion, and rights. Our team will call upon this network to connect you with the most pertinent resources and knowledgeable expert to answer your questions.
These services are available at no cost to you, with sponsorship by the U.S. Department of State.
Types of Questions We Answer
We are only able to answer requests from people located in Armenia, Guatemala, Kenya, Mexico, Peru, and Vietnam. We hope to be able to expand this service to other parts of the world in the future. Wherever you are located we hope you find the resources on this website helpful.
Whether you are a new advocate or an experienced policy maker, we will answer your disability related questions! List below are some of the topics on which we can provide information:
- Alternatives to institutionalization and strategies for active community participation
- Education practices that are inclusive of people with disabilities
- Employment / labor practices that are inclusive of people with disabilities
- Violence prevention and response programming to include women with disabilities
- Accessible technology, communication, and trainings
- Physical accessibility of built infrastructure and environments
- Law and policy resources on and related to disability rights
- Empowerment of women with disabilities
- Advocacy for indigenous people with disabilities